A Putter Fit For The King
This year’s Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill will unfortunately be a little different than in years past. While Mr. Palmer won’t be there to meet and greet the golfers, volunteers, and patrons, his presence will be felt the entire week.
Odyssey’s brand new milled putter company, Toulon Design, wasn’t shy in naming one of their 2017 models after the King’s hometown of Latrobe, Pa. The Latrobe, a rendition of the putter Mr. Palmer used, attracted immediate attention from the golf community and in particular caught the eye of the staff at Bay Hill. Toulon Design was asked to make 170 limited edition Latrobe putters in conjunction with this year’s Arnold Palmer Invitational to be given as a tee prize to the Pro-Am guests.
Below are the details of these beautiful flatsticks:
- 170 limited edition Latrobe’s all individually numbered.
- Palmer’s signature engraved on sole.
- Leather grip with Mr. Palmer’s signature and Toulon Design logo embossed
- 303 Stainless Steel heads featuring a 40 gram tungsten sole plate for a 340g spec
- Leather headcover featuring Mr. Palmer’s signature umbrella.
- 62 & 7 embroidered on headcover representing Mr. Palmer’s PGA Tour and major win totals.
“In our own little way we wanted to create a putter to celebrate Mr. Palmer’s incredible contribution to our great game,” said Toulon Design’s Sean Toulon. “This putter is our rendition of his signature iconic design.”