Toulon Design Taking the Tour by Storm, Releases New 2017 Models
Toulon Design has been on a tear of late on the worldwide tours with more and more putters going into play every week. Kelly Kraft (San Diego), Thomas Pieters (San Diego), Scott Brown (Madison), Patrick Rodgers (Indianapolis), and Michelle Wie (Memphis) have all putted great and been in contention with their Toulon models.
Other players who have recently put Toulon Design into play include Cody Gribble (Austin) and Branden Grace (Indianapolis).
Riding off of this success, we are excited to announce our new 2017 models (Indianapolis, Austin, Columbus, Latrobe, and Long Island):
Our first foray in the world of super-high MOI mallets. Indianapolis is constructed with an aluminum face (80g), carbon fiber crown (30g), stainless steel sole (177g), and tungsten weights in the rear (50g). The aluminum face and carbon fiber crown are very light leaving us discretionary weight, tungsten plugs, to be used in the back of the putter head for maximum stability. All in all there are 13 pieces.
- Naming – Indianapolis was inspired by the nose cone of an Indy race car after Sean took a trip to visit with the Chip Ganassi Racing Team.
- Specs – 360 gram head weight, face-balanced
The Austin is a classic blade with upright shoulders and bumpers that flow more aggressively than our Madison into the cavity. The edges are rounded for an ultra-clean look. The smaller shoulders melt effortlessly into the bumpers, giving you a pleasingly soft aesthetic. Even the back cavity pocket is formed with an enduring design that pays homage to putters of the past.
- Naming – Austin is one of the finest golf towns in America. Rich with major champion residents and now the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play at Austin Country Club, Austin was the obvious name for this classic design.
- Specs – 349 gram head weight, 48 degrees of toe hang
The notchback appearance of the Columbus, elongated toe and heel, gives you the appearance of a blade with the performance of a mallet by adding more weight to the perimeter of the putter, increasing MOI. Complete with our H2 longneck hosel, the Columbus yields only 30 degrees of toe hang suiting a stroke with a slight arc.
- Naming – Columbus is home to an 18-time major champion and the Memorial Tournament at Muirfield Village Golf Club.
- Specs – 355 gram head weight, 30 degrees of toe hang
This throwback design features a slightly longer blade length, a long sweeping flow hosel, and a high sweeping toe design. The longer sweeping flow of the hosel creates a softer overall look, a 2/3 shaft offset, and a 50 degree toe hang that encourages a more arcing stroke path.
- Naming – Long Island is home to major championship venues Bethpage Black, Shinnecock Hills, Garden City G.C., and Sebonack. Many other courses on Long Island are featured in Golf Digest’s Top 100 Courses in America including the National Golf Links of America (8), Fishers Island Club (11), Friar’s Head G.C. (19), and the Maidstone Club (72).
- Specs – 350 gram head weight, 50 degrees of toe hang
*Latrobe is Tour Only and will be available through the Toulon Garage
The Latrobe is our version of perhaps the most popular putter in history. The hosel flows flawlessly into the blade, complementing the soft edges of the putter. The look at address evokes both classic beauty and timeless sophistication. We added a tungsten sole plate to bring the head weight up to a somewhat modern 340 grams. As you can see, the Deep Diamond Mill pattern runs across the entire face on Latrobe, giving it a uniquely special look.
- Naming – The Latrobe is much more about paying homage to a legend than it is about innovation. This iconic blade style putter was used by a plethora of golfing greats, but none used it quite as fashionably as Arnold Palmer. Nobody captured the imagination of the sporting world quite like the King. The Latrobe is our version of perhaps the most popular putter in history.
- Specs – 340 gram head weight